South Metro Regional Chamber of Commerce Safety Council
The new year for the Ohio Safety Council begins July 2020. Our first virtual meeting is July 9, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
*ATTENTION: We just received word from the Ohio office BWC our Safety Council meetings will be virtual for the time being. *
- The dates, times and speakers are the same.
- You will receive your dial-in instructions every month the week of the meetings.
- It is imperative that your contact person and alternate contact information be current and correct. You are responsible for keeping firstname.lastname@example.org updated with any contact changes.
- We will be broadcasting from the Miami Valley Hospital South Conference room that we have used previously.
- We will check you in at 8:30 a.m. with roll call and excuse you at the end of the meeting no later than 9:30 a.m. with roll call.
- All presentations will be emailed to attendees after meeting close for their convenient reuse.
- Normal member dues will apply and we thank you for your continued interest and support.
- Breakfast fees will not be charged.
- Other details are still being reviewed by the BWC administration for Ohio.
- Framed certificates for 2019/20 will be delivered to you during the month of July.
- Any Questions please contact Julia Maxton, (937) 433-2032 x 103.
- We feel a well-run business benefits greatly by learning and practicing excellent health and safety in the workplace. We are pleased to be able to offer you the same quality speakers and topics as before in person. We are told this is temporary so we are happy to continue this important B to B service as one of only two Safety Councils in Montgomery County, Ohio.
2020 Safety Council Speakers & Topics
July 9th – Michael Kerr, MAKSolve, LLC, Topic -“OSHA Update”
August 13th – Montgomery County Health Dept. Topic –“Update on Covid 19 Response”
Sept 10th – Lt. Joseph Gebhart, Ohio State Highway Patrol – Topic – TBA
Oct 8th – Jennifer Brill, Esq., Attorney at HunterBrill, LLC – Topic – “Medical Marijuana – Where We Are Now Update”
Nov 12th – Brandon Peloquin, NOAA, National Weather Service Meteorologist – Topic – TBA
Dec 10th – Michelle Bach, Coolidge Wall, Attorney at Law Coolidge Wall Co., L.P.A. – Topic – My Injured Worker Can’t Work: Now What Do I Do?
2021 Safety Council Speakers & Topics
Jan 14th – Bruce Barcelo, ADAMHS – Topic – “A New Look at Nicotine Addiction”
Feb 11th – Ken Montgomery, Director of OSHA Cincinnati – Topic – OSHA
March 11th –
April 8th –
May 13th –
June 10th –
South Metro Regional Chamber of Commerce Safety Council Steering Committee
Michelle Bach – Coolidge Wall Co., L.P.A., Safety Council Steering Committee, Chair
Bonnie Terry – Montgomery County Educational Service Center (Alt. Dr. Rusty Clifford)
Jenny Holp – President/CFO Active Electric
Deanna Lang – South Metro Chamber, Office Manager
Julia Maxton – South Metro Chamber, President/ Charlotte Miller – CPA, SMRCOC Chamber Treasurer, Retired Cox Media
Steven Roth – P.E., Ergonomics Consultant – Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
Bill Rike – South Metro Chamber, Member Service Manager
April Higgins. – Director Human Resources, Day Air Credit Union